Monday, November 17, 2008

What's New Pussycat?



Well, not much really.

Just
my BLOGUMN up on Fierce and Nerdy.com, that's all!

Yeah, I'm fabulous, but I'll still hang out with you and eat your left-over Halloween candy.

Visit my blog
and leave a comment on why you think we heart our pets so much. And enjoy the picture of Ling Ling (aka Stinky Junior) as she graces my commentary.

Just to tug at your heart strings, here's the mythology of the origins of Stinkerbell:

I was absolutely resolved that we could not, WOULD NOT, have a 4th cat in our house, until…Until Ling Ling got chucked into our backyard one rainy November morning. The neighbors wrapped her in a t-shirt, opened our gate and tossed her on our back step, which is concrete by the way. She was 2 months and 2 pound, most of which was giant ears, HUGE kitten eyes right out of a black velvet painting and a knob at the end of her tail where it broke at a 90degree angle. I spent about 8 hours, that day, talking to people and trying to find her a “good home”. Seen was working at home that day and decided we would give her a "good home". She’s now 3 and weighs 14 pounds and I could not image life without her. (I’m not just saying that because she’s lying across my hand right now, making it hard for me to type.)

If you have room in your home, adopt a shelter cat (or doggy if you like) Cats greatly outnumber dogs in shelters. The Humane Society has declared a Cat Crisis due to the disparity. If you have room, open your heart to one great experience.

No comments: