Sunday, January 11, 2009

Update with a slice o' pie


Just wanted to let ya know that Black Homeless Kitty found a home! The same night I sent my email, a former co-worker of mine wrote that he and his wife and kids needed a cat. The circumstances involved his cat passing away just before Christmas and his surviving cat needed a friend, which is terribly sad anyway you tell it. BUT now the black kitty has a home with good people that I absolutely trust and another kitty to keep her company! (He did change her name from Adora Bowles, which I thought was incredibly clever.) Looks like 2009 is starting out okay...wheee

As for the pie, I just whipped up a Chocolate Cream Pie for work tomorrow. Made the chocolate custard from scratch based on a recipe in Amy Sedaris' hilarious book "I Like You" I'm still getting a handle on crusts, working with store bought right now, but hope to move into handcrafted soon. I'll keep you updated.

Peace OUT

1 comment:

Anne said...

Fantastic Amy!! You did a wonderful thing for kitty! She was a beautiful cat. So glad to hear about her happy new life.