Monday, February 9, 2009

Redundancy



Nowadays, life seems like an endless treadmill. I keep running but I'm not actually getting anywhere. So imagine my joy when I actually had a destination the last time I ran! Check out me letting the Sunshine in on my FierceAndNerdy blog this week. It's all about the Firecracker 5k.

Thanks to Elissa M. and her advice to run intervals, ie. run 3 minutes, walk 1, repeat (lather, rinse, etc...) my time was greatly improved. So after 4-5 weeks of hating running every day in the gym, after having a long discussion about not running anymore but cross training, hiking and playing tennis, after the super adrenaline rush of finishing a leetle race, Seen turned to me on the ride home and said "I think I am addicted to running 5k's".

This might be the start of something fun.

No comments: