Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get anything done this afternoon. I am supposed to be writing something for FierceAndNerdy.com, but I'm feeling hella lazy and procrastinating.

I'm sleepy because I woke up at 7:00ish this morning smelling smoke and wondering if the house was on fire. Sean and I wandered around inside and outside our house, in our robes, looking for flame or any other indication of fire until I thought of maybe turning on the TV to see if any hillsides were smokin'. Sure enough, Tujunga was on fire. The winds were strong and blowing the smoke and ash east towards us in a very powerful way.

We were up for good and very shortly full of delicious Sean-made french toasts. Time had come to plant veggies. Now the earth that we(I) have to plant in is hard, clay, difficult to hoe and/or dig in. So I wasted water to muddy the strip of land to diggable standards and now have planted 2 tomato plants (Roma and Beefsteak), one strawberry plant, 6 celery, 6 onion and one rosemary bushshrub. Also trying my hand at basil in a container again, but don't have high hopes as I've already murdered about 1/2 dozen of those over the past 5 years.

I'm also sleepy because it's moderately chilly outside and it's very quiet inside. Only the occasional noise of crystal windchimes on the patio or a plane flying very high above breaks the silence. The cats are scattered around the guest room in various states of repose. Munchy is snoring on her pillow in the sunshine, KoE and Lingers are vying for a spot on the afghan that covers the lower half of the bed. After a hella stressful week, I do believe I'll procrastinate my blogumn for a few more hours, grab the fantastic book I'm reading and tuck myself between kitties for a well deserved break from work-type-stuffs.

2 comments:

Seen Robinson said...

I like our Pleasant Valley Sundays, while reading Too Many Monkeys, and petting Munchy, and then having a hot fudge Sundae. Why don't we do that again this Sunday? It might be my lucky Bun Day.


Ick Snay on the Bun Day.

Nigel Tufnel

Ernessa T. Carter said...

that's sound like a really nice day. but i just used your last reserve blog post, so you're going to have to get me some new copy. the world needs more amy robinson.

etc (aka your editor/stalker)